Information We Collect From You:
You can visit our www.padmadseat.com (“the Website”), read articles and other materials, browse merchandise and check on offerings without giving us any personally identifiable information. However, in order to provide users and subscribers with the most efficient and enhanced personalized service and attention, we may request information about you in certain circumstances and collect certain information automatically.
We collect personally identifiable information that you volunteer to us (including, but not limited to, your full name, email address, phone number, physical address, financial information such as your credit card details and / or other payment information), when you subscribe to, or create an account with, the Website, (see the section below for more information on subscriptions and account management), join our loyalty or wholesale program (if applicable), enter a competition through the Website, and place an order. You can choose not to provide us with Personal Information, but then you may not be able to fully take advantage of certain features of our Services and we may not be able to provide you with certain requested information, products and/or services.
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use and operating system version.
Automatic Collection of Information:
Information from Cookies:
Some of the third party content displayed in the Website is provided by outside companies. This content may contain cookies and may also contain Web beacons. Unlike cookies and Web beacons used in content we control on the Website, we do not have access to information collected from cookies or Web beacons received in connection with third party content. While we use third parties which we believe are reputable to serve some or all of the content placed within the Website, third parties may use information (not including personally identifiable information) about your visits to the Website and other Websites to assist in serving their third party content to you. They may also share anonymous information with their clients such as date/time of the content shown, the specific content shown, the IP address and other similar information.
We conduct market research so that we can continually improve our brands and Website and may purchase or rent lists of potential subscribers or customers from third parties. Those lists may include information on current subscribers or customers. This information may be included in our database in order to help us serve you better by, for example, minimizing multiple mailings and e-mailings and providing information tailored to your interests.
How your Information is Used and Shared:
Your personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including (without limitation):
- To give you access to, and improve, the Website, products and services;
- To allow you to subscribe to the Website;
- To allow you to purchase products from the Website, including processing payments and providing refunds and discounts. Note, we and our technical and fulfilment agents, partners and consultants follow carefully proscribed procedures to safeguard credit card data in connection with your transactions and adhere to certain legal requirements (including fraud prevention);
- To fulfil your requests and respond to queries you submit via the Website;
- To display or send custom, personalized content to Website visitors and send newsletters, mail, e-mails, features, promotional material, surveys and other updates, information or offers to our users and subscribers. Note, you may opt-out of receiving direct marketing at any time;
- To enhance and personalise your shopping experience with us, communicate with you about our products (including product recalls and responding to queries and complaints) and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes as we determine from time to time;
- To evaluate and develop our products and services and gauge user trends to better suit our customer needs, such as planning new store locations;
- For competitions and trade promotions which you may enter which may, where the relevant terms permit, involve sharing your personal information with third parties;
- To allow users of the Website to share links via social media, and as required or authorised by law.
You expressly consent to us using your personal information for the above purposes.
Note we may, from time to time, produce reports for advertisers, sponsors and vendors containing anonymous, aggregate information about our users and subscribers, such as demographic, age and online usage information. This information allows us to provide content and offers that are most relevant to our subscribers and users and to work more closely with advertisers and other partners. We do not include any personally identifiable information of our users in these reports.
Promotions and Marketing:
Unless you specify that you prefer not to hear from us, if you provide your email address to us for promotional or other purposes at the time of registration or otherwise, we may use this to contact you for promotional or other purposes. You may have these communications terminated and opt out at any time by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link contained in any promotional email. If applicable, please be aware that opting out on one of our Services, does not opt you out from any of our other Services unless that option is specifically provided. Please note that despite unsubscribing from such communications, Padma Seat may still contact you in relation to your order(s), purchase(s) or any issues relating any business you conduct with Padma Seat. Please note that in certain instances, your name and/or email address may have been provided to us through our friend referral program. In this case, we may contact you via a one-time email. We store this information for the purpose of sending this one-time email and other internal purposes, including but not limited to tracking the success of our referral program. You may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove your information from our database.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information without notice or consent for the following purposes:
- as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request;
- to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law;
- to protect the integrity of the Website and our property;
- to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfil your requests; or
- to cooperate in any legal investigation.
Credit Card Companies:
As in any transaction, your credit card company will have all relevant information about the name of the vendor, item(s) purchased, date, total cost and other information necessary to process the transaction. Padma Seat will not otherwise provide any personal data to your credit card company without your permission.
Security Of Your Personal Information:
We will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of and to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your Personal Information. Whenever Personal Information is stored on our computers (which may be for an indefinite period, or a more limited time based on obsolescence or other factors), that information is protected from unauthorized access or use by way of passwords or other industry- acknowledged means. In addition, servers of ours that store this information are located behind a firewall. Since certain Personal Information (such as credit card data) is especially sensitive, we take special care to keep it secure. Your personal information may also be protected by the password you created when you registered on the Website where this feature is offered. The confidentiality of any password is yours to protect. Although we have implemented systems and procedures to secure the data maintained by us, security during Internet transmissions can never be assured and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access to your Personal Information will not occur, either during transmission of that information to us or after we receive that information. Our policy is to limit access to personal data to those Padma Seat employees or agents with a specific need to access or retrieve this information. We store data on multiple service systems, in controlled environments.